The Almost Librarian

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Getting started 

Well, I was about to write my first post this afternoon, when my daughter woke up from her nap. I am also starting the course a bit late and will have to do the work during naps. My daughter, Ella, is 5 months old today. I am staying at home with her for now, so my blog will most likely have a lot of Ella information in it, rather than library-type stuff.

I am working on my Master's in Library and Information Science at Simmons College in Boston. I have two courses left, which I will probably take this Fall.

I am excited about this blogging course--first, because I'd like to set up a family blog; and second, because I think it will be a helpful skill when I am working at a library.

That's it for now! Have to sleep while the baby is sleeping...


Hi Pauli,

Good for you on getting your blog going...I know it's hard to do anything extra when you've got a litte one. Been there, done that.

I'm part time at Simmons too, but not quite as far along as you are. My two kids are in elementary school and everything I do at Simmons revolves around getting home for the 3pm school bus. The thought of taking two classes at once terrifies me, although I did survive the one class/one internship this past semester.

Good luck getting stuff done during naptimes, and Happy 5 month birthday to Ella.

Laura  


Post a Comment

[Top]